Introducing vitamin and calcium supplements to your bird is the surest way to ensure you are providing optimal diet conditions for better health.
Poor or inadequate diet is the number one reason for illness in birds. Birds may get sick for many reasons but the two main categories where most problems lie are the bird’s environment and their diet. If bird owners can optimize their bird’s environment and diet, many problems can be avoided. This means that your bird can live a longer, healthier, happier life.
Dietary deficiencies cause a wide range of sicknesses, ranging from poor feather color and feather picking to severe upper respiratory infections. But whether the sickness is due primarily to a deficiency or the birds gets a secondary infection, diet is the key.
Prime – Vitamin Mineral Amino Acid Supplement
PRIME adds the essential vitamins and minerals missing in commercially prepared seed mixtures for companion birds. As well it provides proper quantities of two essential and limiting amino acids – Lysine and Methionine – which cannot be produced by birds, but are vital to growth and proper protein metabolism.
- Ultra fine powder for soft food / fruit application
- Balanced formulation which provides the essential elements missing in staple seed diets
- High calcium formulation with beneficial bacteria
Clay-Cal – Calcium Enriched Clay Supplement
Clay-Cal contains bentonite clay, specifically montmorillonite clay with superior cation properties. Clay-Cal is especially milled for parrot and passerine consumption and is combined with charcoal as well as calcium, a necessary mineral for companion birds.
- Calcium supplement for healthy bones and body tissue development
- Especially good for birds needing more calcium in their diets.
- Absorbs toxic compounds and impurities found in plant foods and in the bird’s environment.