Alternatives to Rewarding Parrots with Food When Training
January 12, 2016 • Feeding and Nutrition, HARI TV
Tropican Diet Recommendations
In part 10 of the Tropican Diet Recommendation Series, the HARI team discusses the pros and cons when using seeds as rewards for your companion parrots enrichment diet.
- When is it okay to use food as rewards for behaviour?
- Alternatives to using food rewards for training
- Caloric requirements by bird species and lifestyle of the bird
- Why food deprivation prior to training is not recommended
- Parrots & Birds: Positive Reinforcement Training (article mentioned in the video segment)