Birds Love Cornbread
What better way to serve some up some cornbread for birds than with a healthy serving of Tropimix baked right in?
- 6 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- ½ cup Small Parrot Tropimix
- 3 eggs
- 1 small can crushed pineapple or blueberries (optional)
- Water as needed
- Paper cupcake liners (if baking as cupcakes)
- 9″x13″ pan (if baking as a cake)
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, including the juice of the pineapple or blueberries. Add water while stirring until mixture is a soupy consistency, and ingredients are well blended. Fill paper cupcake liners 3/4 full, (alternatively pour mixture into cake pan sprayed with non-stick spray).
Bake at 350°F for one hour. Ovens may vary so check after 45 minutes. Cornbread is done when inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean. Serve to your bird when cooled.
Yields: 24 regular sized or 48 mini cupcakes